Thursday, May 20, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
- Author (I've always enjoyed writing, but that isn't realistic!)
- Veternarian (I do love animals, but that is a LOT of schooling)
- Nurse (I'm scared of needles, I know, I'm not the one being poked... still...)
- Massage Therapist (I already went to school for it, but I get discouraged thinking about the next steps to actually get licensed, plus it's mainly based off of tips, not good!)
- Dental Hygenist (Not sure if I REALLY wanna do it, just thought about it.)
- Flight Stewardess (Would love to fly all over the world)
- Travel Agent (Does anybody even use them anymore?!)
I am somewhat discouraged lately. I honestly am not sure what to do! After the car accident I have had some pretty bad headaches that come and go. They aren't there when I first wake up, which is good, but as I get up and start moving around they totally creep up on me. I have been seeing a chiropractor but I just feel that it isn't working. Do I feel better after seeing him? Yes. But it isn't the long lasting feel good that I think I should be having. I also feel like I am depriving my baby boy of his mommy. The headaches make it hard for me to move around and play with him like I normally do. I am trying to stay positive, but I am just not seeing an end to this misery any time soon. All I can do is keep my head up and hope for some pain free days ahead.
On a little bit of a positive note, Summer time is coming and I am very excited for it! I love warm weather and love soaking up the sun. Although I am white as a Lily flower and turn bright red when I'm out in the sun for more than 15 minutes, I love, love, LOVE the sun! Part of why I moved to Arizona is because I am always cold, so living in the Sunshine state has been a great blessing to me! I really want to find a good lawn chair to lay out in my back yard this Summer and try and get a light tan... if that is possible! Plus, I am anxious to take my baby outside, play in the sprinklers, go to the park. I really think it will be a good Summer!! I just need to get better, first.
I have a doctors appointment today... let us hope that there will be a light at the end of this tunnel soon! Then the fun can begin!!!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Today has been a busy day! I've felt better today than I have in a LONG time so I decided to get some cleaning done. Hunters room was my task of choice and his toys were on my mind. Over the past year and a half we've gathered not a little, but a LOT of toys for our little man. I went through the house, behind the couch (his favorite hiding spot for toys) and gathered 'em all up, big and small and put them all in one room. Then totes, we have several of those scattered throughout the house as well, holding something important at one point or another but alas they were empty for this task. Then came the organizing.. big toys, little toys, cars, figurines, random stacking toys, bath toys (why aren't they WITH the bath toys in the bathroom? I have no idea!) everything you can think of, we have that type of toy it seems!!! Actually, it didn't take long to organize, either, got all the totes seperated and nice and clean. I left a few of them out by his actual toy box that has the bigger toys in it, without the small, easy to lose pieces. Then, my little man wakes up from his nap and is hungry!! We had a cheese crisp and some strawberries, and he was ready to play. Needless to say, maybe 15-30 minutes after I cleaned up his toys, they were scattered throughout the room! Hopefully at the end of the night I will have another jolt from the clean fairy and get it straightened up. Oh the joys of having an 18 month old and watching him find old toys he hadn't played with in a long time! I love my little man and am blessed to have him in my life!!!
Friday, May 7, 2010
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Since I've been pregnant, I've been achey, tired, angry, just, all of the above really. I can't seem to focus on just one thing. I live in constant fear that something BAD is going to happen. And the "What-if's" too... geez, don't get me started on those! What if I'm a bad mom? Etc... etc. So on to my goals!!!
- No longer call in to work sick! Even if I'm throwing up, feeling dizzy, whatever. I miss entirely too much when I'm not there, and in reality, it's a good way to get my mind off of things, right? I wish I could REALLY think this way. My being pregnant is a cop out! Even if I feel crappy, I am tired of hearing OTHER people saying that they LOVED their pregnancy and didn't go through all this lame stuff. So a way to get rid of them saying that... act like I'm not sick!
- Never eat food RIGHT before I go to bed. It might be the cause of my nightmares? I have the habit of coming home from work and grabbing a bite to eat, even if I had eaten at work earlier. If I DO eat something, to eat lightly!
- Stop being so damned selfish. Know that others have problems too and perhaps concentrating on helping others with their problems, will help erase how you are feeling.
- Start buying stuff for the baby. I have 10 more weeks 'till this little guy is supposed to be here and I'm WAY behind on things.
- Be happy. I know it's stupid, but I feel like I should remind myself on a daily basis to BE happy. There is so much in this world that I could be without, but am blessed to have.
Well, that's the beginning of my list. I feel like this blog was more of a rant, but it was something I needed to get off my chest, and frankly, I don't like TALKING about it, so just putting it out here, perhaps someone will read it, if not, at least I know the changes I wanna make.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Walmart. I HATE Walmart with a passion. At least the one by us. Just, too many people that bring their snotty, loud, rude kids with them and really, Walmart to me doesn't seem very clean. There have been two incidents where, while walking with my hubby searching for the things on our list, I've practically slipped and broken a hip! 'Course I do catch myself before I am on the floor! Seems there are puddles everywhere throughout that store.. not sure what that strange liquid is, nor do I wish to know! I told Matt that one of these days I'm just gonna really let myself fall, then I can sue the store! He freaked out and said to wait until the baby is born. Of course, I wouldn't want harm to happen to the baby, even though he seems to enjoy causing me so much grief as of late... but I agreed with Matt on that.. but one of these days!!! Just be careful, while shopping at Walmart.
Anyway, so we got a beard trimmer, seemed to be a nicer one, a bit pricey, but worth it, I'm sure. Matt has had it for over a month now, and it's a piece of crap! He plugs it in the bathroom to charge over night, then tries to use it the next day and it dies right away. We went about two weeks, trying to figure out WHY it wasn't charging and how come we paid good money for this piece of junk.
Matt came to me last night, shaking his head and holding the trimmer in his hands. We live in his mom's house, that is an older home. What we did NOT realize was that every time something is plugged in, and we turn the lights out, it stops energizing that particular item that is plugged in. I don't know WHY I didn't realize that, I don't know how many times I've accidently turned the bathroom light out and come back, hoping my curling iron would be warm and it's ice cold! Plain and simple, the light turns the outlet on and off. Needless to say, he got the trimmer charged, and groomed his beard so it's now just a goatee. I still hate it. I mean, I refrain chopping all my hair off in the middle of this Arizona heat for my dearest love... what to do to convince him?? Bah, I'm sure if I nag him enough, he'll come around! That's my rant of the day!